Ever have those cravings for a good chocolate cake…you know the ones ladies, the ones that strike at around 9pm, after dinner, after you’ve already changed into your PJ’s and taken off your bra, the ones that strike a couple of days before your monthly ‘gift’ (screw you tampax) arrives, the ones that strike when you don’t feel like going to the store to get a cake, but you must have cake…I get those ones a lot. I don’t normally cave in, but when I am allowed to have a cheat ‘meal’ I can’t help but use it on one of these.
You are basically three minutes away from a moist (if done right) chocolatey cake
Chocolate Coconut Mug Cake
4 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp sugar or Splenda
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
3 Tbsp oil
3 Tbsp milk
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking power
A couple of drops of vanilla extract
2 Tbsp coconut flakes (optional)
*you can take out the oil, use only one Tbsp of sweetener and use just 1 Tbsp of milk (I use coconut or almond – whatever is on hand at the time, or take out both and use apple sauce)
- Grab a large mug, with a fork beat the egg, add in the oil, milk and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Add in the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and coconut flakes, mix it all together until combined
- Pop it in your microwave and start with 50 seconds, if it needs more (which it may) nuke it for ten seconds a time, take it out when the top is just set
- Now, this is the part that most people mess up on…you need to get the cake OUT OF THE MUG as soon as it’s done cooking, otherwise it will continue to cook inside of the mug and you’ll be left with a disgusting spongy sponge-tasting cake. Blarg.
- Top it with some buttercream, some whipped cream, a berry compote, caramel, nutella, or have it plain; up to you.
*I needed a chocolate fix so bad when I made this the other day that I didn’t have a chance to snap a photo, on my next cheat, I’ll be sure to take one 🙂